Thursday, December 8, 2011

Pasta with Acorn Squash




This was fantastic.  A simple egg pasta with a sweet, and savory sauce.  It has taken me ages to get this up, but this was my thanksgiving meal.  I had a few other side dishes, but this was my main dish.  The pasta was simply pasta and eggs, blended in the food processor, then placed in the fridge for an hour.  I rolled out the dough, and I cut it in crazy rectangles.  I put it in my water and let it cook for a bit.  The acorn squash roasted away in the oven for 30 minutes.  While this was going I took some butter and garlic, let it go in my pan until it was filling the kitchen with its wonderful smells.  I scrapped squash out and added it to the pan.  Then I thinned it out with half and half and some veggie broth.

I drained the pasta and combined it with the squash in the pan.  After allowing them to come together, I added salt and pepper to season, and then some freshly ground nutmeg on top.

It may be one of my new favorites, though I will say that I will probably thin the sauce a bit more next time.  I would give you my actual measurements, but I have no idea what they are.... sorry.  I don't tend to measure unless I'm following a recipe or baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment